Look no further to find a delicious, fast and easy-to-make recipe for grilled chicken fajitas. In no time at all you could be sinking your teeth into the one below.
Summer is here (or near) and there is no better time to fire up your grill and start barbecuing chicken fajitas. Your grilling reputation will benefit nicely from this fairly simple recipe.
Grilled Chicken Fajita Recipe – BBQ style
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 tortillas
Mouthwatering BBQ Grilled Chicken Fajita Recipe Ingredients
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 whole red pepper
1/2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
3/4lb boneless skinless chicken breast
4 flour tortillas
Mouthwatering BBQ Grilled Chicken Fajita Recipe Directions
1. Finely chop the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Mix in the lime juice and bar-b-q sauce.
3. Place the mixture in a bowl and add the chicken breasts. Mix around until evenly and thoroughly covered (to maximize the flavor allow the chicken breasts to marinate overnight).
4. Pre-heat your BBQ grill and make sure the coals are glowing red before cooking.
5. Brush the grill lightly with the olive oil and arrange the chicken on the grill.
6. Allow the chicken to cook for about 7-10 minutes. The times may vary depending on the type of grill you use. The idea is basically to make sure that the chicken is completely white on the inside. Just be careful not to burn the exterior of the meat.
7. While the chicken is grilling, chop up the red pepper into rings and place on the BBQ for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Cook the red pepper rings for 2 minutes on each side, again, being sure not to burn them.
8. Remove the chicken breasts and use a sharp knife to cut them diagonally into thin slices.
9. Remove the peppers and cut each of the rings in half.
10. Place several strips of chicken and several half pepper rings in each warm tortilla. Sprinkle the contents of each tortilla with the pepper flakes.
11. Wrap and serve while hot.
Try any variety of freshly tossed garden salads to accompany this dish. Salad and garnish will go a long way to making this chicken fajita recipe a major hit with your friends and family.
Go back to Chicken on the Grill Main Page
Go back to BBQ Recipes Main Page from Grilled Chicken Fajita Recipe
Go to iGrillBBQ.com Home Page from Grilled Chicken Fajita Recipe